Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Trip to Chicago

On the weekend of our anniversary, May 29th, Marty, Celie and I went to visit JR, Shanna, and Karlie Benson in the Chicago area. This was the first time for both Marty and I to visit Chicago and actually remember it. We had so much fun. Mostly because we were with my brother and his family, of whom we don't see very often.

Our first train ride was a lot of fun and Celie seemed to enjoy the protection of her Daddy through the whole ride. We took a trolley everywhere to see the sites. We saw the main shopping strips, went up to one of the tallest buildings to look over all of Chicago, and saw the Bean of course! This thing is crazy. I don't know why they chose the bean shape, but they did. I think they redid the surface so the metal would be seamless. Amazing! I don't have a picture of what it looks like at a distance, but here are the Bensons in the midst of the reflection of Chicago. This next picture is from underneath the Bean! Pretty cool.

We also went to Navy Pier and saw the lake, a lot of boats and of course a great view of the tall buildings in Chicago. We had a great trip!









1 comment:

Mel said...

What a fun trip! I am so happy that you got to go see your brother. The pics are adorable, thanks for sharing!