We were lucky to have Marty’s sister and her family visit from Wisconsin this last weekend. We spent Saturday in Nauvoo. Aside from the tantrums Celie threw all day, we had a great time. It was so good to learn more about the history of the church as they settled and were driven out of Nauvoo. We went on horse wagon rides and tours of the marvelous rebuilt homes and learned about how they made things and supported each other. The temple is beautiful. It stands majestically at the top of the hill and reminds us all about the struggles the saints went through to build it the first time, years ago. People are friendly and giving and I was even able to see some people I knew from Utah. Marty tried a hand at the stick pull and Celie and I danced to the pioneer music. It was fun to be with baby Dallin and be with family at this wonderful historic site.
The pageant was incredible. I felt that the script was perfectly done. Completely informative of church beliefs, full of the spirit, and plenty of real stories to help us understand the saint’s struggles and joys. Even though we got home around 1:00 a.m., we appreciated the opportunity to be there. It was overwhelming to see that sacred place were our church leaders of old walked, talked and built up the Kingdom of Heaven.
2 comments:
What a fun trip for you all! It's good to hear about all your travels and stuff. Melanie, how are you feeling? You look great in the pictures.
I actually feel great! I haven’t had a hard time yet and I feel so lucky. We are having a lot of relaxation time and fun traveling.
Post a Comment