I went off to an Enrichment activity at the church the other night.
That means it is Daddy/Daughter night for Marty and Celie.
They decided to run a few errands out on the town.
They went to rent a movie at the end of their errands.
Celie was privileged to walk next to her father instead of being carried.
This store, unfortunately, was under construction.
They were laying new tile to be exact.
So naturally the wet glue areas are marked off with caution tape.
As soon as Marty says “Stay close to Daddy”, Celie takes off in the opposite direction.
Just for fun, right?
She darts under the caution tape and, of course, onto the wet glue she slides.
Marty says that she fell and got glue all over her clothes, tummy, legs, etc.
Now this isn’t sweet old Elmer’s glue, we are talking sticking-tile-to-the-floor glue.
A bunch of the workers rushed to her aid as she screamed in surprise.
I think at that point she realized that Daddy’s rules may be worth listening to.
Marty picked her up, and while getting glue all over his clothes, he scrubbed her down in the bathroom.
An exit solely in her panties was made shortly after; without the movie rental.
After soaking in the bathtub and multiple scrub downs to get the glue off was all done, I walked in the door greeted by a stressed husband and happy daughter.
She told me the whole story (with Daddy’s help) and even showed me how she slipped, “like this” she said as she jerked her body to the side.
All with a big grin.
I have to say that I had a good laugh and I’m sure it will be a memorable experience for poor old Daddy.
I blame this all of myself of course.
I never did give Celie the lesson about what caution tape means!
No worries, we did get all of the glue off.
3 comments:
Oh, boy that will be a story to remember for a long time.
Oh goodness!
Someday, you'll laugh. Glad the glue came off.
Have you given up on blogging? Your life is so full of excitement... maybe your to busy! Missing you!
Post a Comment