Monday, January 29, 2007

Jack Martin Allsop






Oh, the sweetest boy joined our family in October. He was a big boy when he was born. Chubby with a flare nose! He didn’t latch on well to nurse – just like Celie. They have the same method. I had to spend an hour every time I fed him because he would be latched on wrong. My mom came down to help with the first week at home. Wow, was she the angel of the month. Celie really needed her attention and I needed some time alone with Jack.

This easy going boy is just what I needed to keep going with this parenting job. If all kids had the intensity level Celie has then I think I could only have one child. He lets me cuddle with him when ever and he loves to look in my eyes and growl. He doesn’t like the car seat and he falls asleep faster when I make my hand into a fist and bounce it off his backside . . . fairly hard! Babies are funny and picky, huh!? He weighs almost 16 lbs and so he hardly wore his 0-3 month clothes at all. He will probably be into 6-9 mo. sizes soon.

My favorite thing about him is his smile. He smiles often and from ear to ear. He loves it when I copy the sounds he makes and he laughs when I tickle his neck. Celie is good at holding him on the couch and loves him more than anything in this world. She will push him in the swing for a long time with out complaining and she will get what ever I need for him in a flash, no questions asked. We love our Celie and we are excited to see them play together as friends some day (When Jack can defend himself).

1 comment:

Mel said...

What a good looking little baby! Thanks for sharing the photos!