We received our first tomato off of our plants today. C and I were so excited. We haven’t been spraying fungicide on them so the bottom leaves are a little sad. It’s not stopping them from growing though. I think we will have way too many tomatoes to handle than I thought. I should have planted green peppers. I eat those more than tomatoes. Does anyone know any good recipes or canning ideas for me? I would hate to waste them. C said her “little cute mato” is “a-licious” (delicious).
M bought a barbecue grill yesterday and we had friends over to grill some chicken. It’s a big grill! What a fun time we will have this summer. Oh, an idea. Grilled tomatoes!?! Does anyone have a recipe for that?

2 comments:
I love fresh grown tomatoes. They are amazing. One of my favorites to do with tomotoes is Brushetta. It is a mixture of fresh tomotoes with some seasonings mixed in and placed on toasted french bread. It is a great appatizer. I'll have to send the recipe. I also LOVE fresh tomotoe sandwishes. Bread, salad dressings, mustard, salt and peper, cheese and the the fresh tomotoes. mmmm I that just sounds all so good.
I love the grill. YOu will have a lot of fun this summer with that. Cooking outside, so you don't have to heat up the house.
enjoy.
The grill looks great. I can't wait to have a meal from it. I love anything grilled. There is nothing like a fresh picked tomato. I'm envious. We have to wait until August before we'll have any in our garden.
Grandma A.
Post a Comment