Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ballet baby & Sneaky Jack

My little ballarina!! Isn't she so darling? I have to say that she is the least coordinated out of the ten girls in her class and her technique is a mess, but she has spirit. She has a hard time listening to the teacher (her mother. . . me). She says, "I don't want to. I can't. I'm too tired. I want the quite princess crown! Mom, watch me plie'. I want to be the fairy queen, not the sleeping fairy!" Oh, the phrases go on and on. Then she comes home crying that she didn't get the quiet princess crown! She doesn't quite get it that she needs to be quiet in order to get it! We practice at home, but she is such a social queen that everything flies out the window when we step into the dance room.






I took pictures of all my students. They have learned so much already! I hope they don't forget it all over the Christmas break.





See, this is what I mean about technique! The poor unfortunate soul! She refuses to let me teach her at home, but I keep trying anyway. She is only three years old so we have time. She is a hoot. She dislikes the slow orchestral music and much prefers the heavy beat, loud, fast music. Any time Marty is sifting through the radio channels and we come to a fast song. She jumps up and dances so hard she has to take a breather after a few seconds. It is hilarious. She likes to dance with Daddy a lot too.




Sneaky, sneaky! Jack has been so mischievous lately. In this picture he has stole a piece of Celie's puzzle. Oh, just wait until Celie finds out. He loves the anticipation for a reaction. He is into everything now. He can't even step hand or knee inside a bathroom or else I'll have an hour of sanitation and clean up to do. Not to mention a full roll of toilet paper gone to waste. Our office is the worst! Is seems as though every time I walk in the office, even just to get a piece of paper or something, Celie and Jack make it into that room in 3 seconds flat! Every time! It drives me nuts. I think they watch me heading toward the office and get ready to run/crawl-really-fast right in after me. No kids in the office!!
He is so sweet.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a cutie. I just want to sqeeze those cheeks.

attack of The Mouse said...

I'm sure things would be different if you were not the teacher. Today in church the bishop's 3 kids(one who is barely 3) sat very reverently all by themselves all through the sacrament. Their mom showed up after the sacrament, and sure enough, I looked over and they were giving her a run for her money. These kids love to give their parents a bad time. I'm sure C. really is coordinated, and has talent, - because I've seen her. I also can see her loving the social aspect of dance. You are right. She is only 3 and therefore she has time and she is just too cute so enjoy this fun age.
Jack - what can I say. Adorable.

Mel said...

I don't think those two could be any cuter!

I have similiar problems trying to teach scouts with my boys. They either have too much to say or too much energy. Oh, but at least we (moms) try;) Right?

I can't wait to see C show off her dance moves.

Marilee Leishman said...

That's awesome you are teaching a ballet class, how fun! Looks like you guys are loving it down there. Glad all is well. (I can't believe your little girl is 3 years old!)