Friday, January 18, 2008

Kitchen Window Pergola

To top our Christmas Eve painting project, Marty decided that New Year's Day was a good time to build the pergola we've been planning. Our kitchen window looks to our neighbor's house and yard. So, instead, we wanted a vine covered area with hanging bird feeders to gaze at (of course you know that it will take a year or so for the vines to grow). It is fun to dream up things and have a handy man do all the work! We figured it would take a couple of days to finish, especially since he didn't get started until the afternoon. Nope, not my honey. He finished it that night! I know, I know I should stop on the details - you are all getting jealous. I'm just so proud! So, moving along. Here are the before's and after's:

3 comments:

Elder and Sister Allsop 2013-15 said...

It was great to see pictures of the latest construction projects. I couldn't get the idea in my mind about blocking the view from the neighbors. Now it all makes sense.

Mel said...

It looks good! We are planning on building one too, except we never finish anything.

shae :) said...

Wow! you guys are so creative. I'll have to hire you to help us, with our house, when we ever get one.