Sunday, April 20, 2008

My first rose



Last Fall we purchased a rose bush and let it sit all winter. I read up on how to take care of roses and went ahead and pruned it to death. Not really, but it seemed that way. Now it is starting to bloom. I find a lot of joy in going out every day and looking at it, caring for it and feeding it. The kids don't bother it much, thanks to the thorns. They are so beautiful and because of all the extreme pruning the bush yeilds large roses. Not as big as store bought, but bigger than I expected. I love them.

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Allsop 2013-15 said...

The roses are so beautiful. I just love flowers. They bring me such delight. Enjoy!!!
Grandma A.

Kellie said...

Aww, so pretty! I'm pretty sure I have a black thumb. The only thing I've ever managed not to kill was an asparagus fern that left alot to be desired aesthetically. Congrats!