Wednesday, August 06, 2008

He finally arrived!






On July 13th, 2008 our third child was born. He was two weeks over due, yet right on time. Nurses say he was overcooked, but I knew he came when he was ready. It was a long, hard wait, but well worth it. I went into labor around 1:00 a.m. and delivered at 2:39 p.m. Marty said I was strong. I handled the contractions well up until pushing time. Then I just remember people telling me to "push harder" and "don't scream it doesn't help". I am still in awe that I delivered without any medication. Jett is/was strong and healthy and he is eating well too. I am so glad that we have him in our home. There is something about a new baby in the home that softens little touching hands and lowers loud voices; even if just for a moment. Celie is wonderful with Jett, and Jack is sweet and gentile. Oh, and yes, we know that Jack and Jett are very close names and that we will, undoubtedly, mix them up. Isn't he so cute!

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats!!

Teddy said...

Congratulations on your sweet new bundle. Your right about the feeling when there is a new baby in the home. How wonderful for your family!

Aimee Winward said...

Congratulations! How funny that we just had a little boy born in our ward and they named him Jett also. Must be because it's cute. Good luck!

danniellespackman said...

Congratulations!!! What a cutie. Wow, two weeks overdue. You are very patient. Our little guy came on Aug.1. Glad to hear everything is going well.

Chris and Tiffiney said...

Wow, on to the 3rd child and I'm just hoping to have just one at this point. I am glad things went smoothly even though it was overdue and more painful this time around…

attack of The Mouse said...

He is adorable. Can't wait for more pictures. Wish we could be there to meet him.

Cassidy said...

Love the pics. That announcement is awesome. You have a cute little family. Well if you can handle three kids you might as well have thirteen. See you in a week fellow Humble residents.

Marilee Leishman said...

Congrats!!! That's neat you did it naturally, I did that too and I had a good experience, it sounds like you did too. He is adorable. Your family just keeps growing!

Tiffany said...

So Adorable!!! I love his name. I am sure you will get it mixed up all the time but I think that happens no matter what you name them. Celie and jack are getting so big. Last time we saw you Jack was the new baby. We miss you guys. CONGRATULATIONS!

~G~ said...

He is so cute! Congragulations!

Elder and Sister Allsop 2013-15 said...

Great pictures, but we are the lucky ones who get to see him in person this week. I'm so glad to hear that he is a very good baby, sleeping and eating and chill'in out in between. You have the best little family and how luckly they are to have such great parents. I've learned some great tips from you, and maybe not too late to practice even though my 7 are all on their own.

Mel said...

Congrats... we are so happy that you have little Jett! Can't wait to give him hugs and kisses:)

Pete said...

Congrats Allsops! I had forgotten you were pregnant.