This blog is to help me appreciate every wonderful day I am blessed with and to remember the silly and beautiful moments I have with the people I love most.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Toad
The kids have been enjoying the tramp, wading pool, rocks and creatures this spring. They love being outside. Celie found a friend in the back yard. She loves toads. She treats those toads like they are her special buddies. Unfortunately she isn't very careful with them.
It's unreal for us to see that it is warm and wonderful to play out with the sprinkler under the tramp and see kids running around in swim suits. However it is warming up into the 70-80's in this land of Zion. We are getting our gardens planted and our flower beds. I love this time of year. Hey, I'm sure that toad has a name. What is it?
I'm laughing 'till I'm crying. As I'm watching them jump, I thought, "oh please don't let that be the poor toad bouncing around with them??" Then I heard you say it---and I laughed out loud!!! I can still remember Celie coming to my door in her overalls, barefoot, screaming about her new frog friends she'd found and did I want to look! Precious memories!
"God planted within women something divine that expresses itself in quiet strength, in refinement, in peace, in goodness, in virtue, in truth, in love.”
2 comments:
It's unreal for us to see that it is warm and wonderful to play out with the sprinkler under the tramp and see kids running around in swim suits. However it is warming up into the 70-80's in this land of Zion. We are getting our gardens planted and our flower beds. I love this time of year.
Hey, I'm sure that toad has a name. What is it?
I'm laughing 'till I'm crying. As I'm watching them jump, I thought, "oh please don't let that be the poor toad bouncing around with them??" Then I heard you say it---and I laughed out loud!!! I can still remember Celie coming to my door in her overalls, barefoot, screaming about her new frog friends she'd found and did I want to look! Precious memories!
Post a Comment