Monday, June 12, 2006

The rest of the story

Peoria! Yes, the biggest noise in Illinois (you'd have to have seen Calamity Jane to understand that joke). We packed up two cars full of what ever we thought we would need for the summer and left directly after Marty's last final. We did his incredibly stressfull thing because we wanted to make it to Ken's Law school graduation that weekend, and we did. It was good to visit Ken, Kristen, and sweet Ella in Indiana as well as Richard and Cleone. As Ken's family was moving back to Utah we were on our way to Illinois.

Now that we are here and Martys internship has started we feel settled and happy for all the time we have together. Marty loves his job so far and is learning a lot. I am finding my way around town, sun bathing at the pool, and getting a lot done on my scrapbooking (I'm starting to run out of supplies). Celie has had a bit of a harder time than the rest of us. She misses her friends and many activities she had in Texas, but she has found comfort in popcicles, wading in the pool, and library books!

We have already been to Chicago to visit JR, Shanna, and Karlie and to see the sites. We had so much fun with them. We also have been to a few BBQ's (or Grill-Out's as they say here) and I have even been to a baby shower. We are getting along just fine here in Peoria!

2 comments:

Mel said...

I'm so jealous of all the fun you are having! Enjoy your summer. I think the term Grill-Out's sounds better anyway!

Marty said...

It sounds like you are getting a lot of fun projects done and family activities. We are missing out on that, but ya, it is kind of fun roaming the states.