Monday, June 12, 2006

What state are we in now?

I decided to follow in my sister in-law's advice and start my own blog. I think this will work well for my journal writing for now since I have not been doing well at that lately.
First I'll write about our activities for last year or so. When Marty and I graduated from USU in May 2005 Celie was about a year old. We picked up from Providence, Utah and headed to Seth and Becky Allsop's house in Casper, WY for a summer internship in accounting with PMCH. We had a wonderful time the three sweet girls and getting to know the Seth Allsop family along with Becky's extended family. We went to the Billings, Montana temple, the Homestead (Burton's cabin), Mt. Rushmore, Martin's cove, boating, and much more. The internship was a great opportunity for Marty to learn about the auditing processes and it was wonderful to have a break from school stress, but not for long.
Richard and Cleone packed up our belongings that were left in Utah and met us in Casper to head off to Texas! Marty had signed up for more school. He is to get his MBA from Texas A&M in College Station by December 2006. We are loving it in Texas even with the heat (as long as our air conditioning works). The people are great and Marty is learning so much in his Masters program. We struggled through three intense, compact semesters and now he gets a summer break.
We were able to get a great accounting internship with Caterpillar in Peoria, Illinois. So finals came and went and we were off again! This time to Peoria.
To be continued . . .

2 comments:

Mel said...

Yeah! I am so happy that you are joining the blogging world. This way I will know what you are all doing and it really is a great way to journal. So much easier than pen and paper. Great job!

Marty said...

Thanks for getting me started. Sorry I copied your format Mel. They didn't have any good options to choose from.