Sunday, July 09, 2006

Scary Bags

Celie is so funny some times. Lately, when we are getting Celie dressed for the day near her closet, she will scoot far away from the closet and act like there is a monster hiding in there! It took me a while to get her to show me what was so alarming to her, because she couldn't describe it to me in words. She wouldn't get close enough to the scary object for me to know and she was so traumatized that she wouldn't answer me when I would point to things. Crazy! I thought maybe it would be some bugs hiding in there that she saw crawling around during the day (which would be something I would be afraid of). Finally I decided that it was the pile of bags in the corner of the closet. Bags! Not the metal parts or the mouth of the bags, but the bags as a whole. I hope she doesn't go to sleep scared every night. Also, in the morning when the lights are dim and she is eating her breakfast I will hear a gasp and perhaps a drop of the spoon in her cereal bowl. Of course I come running, only to see her staring wide eyed at my purse which is set on an end table by the door. She gets over the shock very quickly and gets back to life like nothing happened. Now, when she is caught by surprise from these monsters, she tells me: "Mom, I scared. Scary bags!"

1 comment:

Mel said...

Maybe it's the oldest child syndrome. S won't go into the basement without H.

Oh, I just love these stories. Thanks for sharing about Celie. She is such a cutie and so smart too! I am so happy that you are blogging these things so we can get to know you'all a little better. Write more, write more!