Thursday, August 10, 2006

Internship Frustration

Marty has impressed his supervisor with his many workplace talents, of course. He has learned a lot about the auditing of controls for a large project called SOX for the company he is with. The other day they had their normal phone meeting from the SOX head honchos to see how their progress is going. There are hundreds of people listening in on this meeting even from a bunch of different countries. Marty said that they were requiring everyone to go back and redo all of their work because they wanted extra data. They blamed it on everyone else for not having it done already and were rude and unreasonable with their due date for the project. Poor Marty, and everyone else working on SOX, has to go over all of their previous work and do it over again. Of course he doesn’t have time to do this since we leave soon so the problem is on his supervisor. What a frustrating thing! I am so proud of the work Marty is doing so naturally we are frazzled about his internship ending on a sour note, but at least he was able to learn a lot about the workplace and handling this big project when knowing nothing about it. On the more positive side, we are able to stay a week longer so he can work. This will be good for us and it will obviously help out the company as well. We will be heading back to Texas on the 19th of August to start his last semester of school. Yea! Wish us luck with the move.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Wow! I can't believe it's almost time for you to move again. That's too bad about the company getting stuck with all the extra work. However, I'm glad Marty has had this experience working for his co.

jarvislady said...

Your blog is very nice and a great way to keep a journal I think. What a blessing that you get to stay another week. I have decided that nothing goes perfectly in the business world. Just think in a few short months you can start having a permanent income coming in. Happy packing once again. It should be easier this time. Love, Andrea

attack of The Mouse said...

Hang in there. It will all be worth it in the end. I'm glad to hear that you made it home safe and sound. I bet you were glad to see your REAL bed and are glad to kiss that air mattress good-bye. I know I was.