Thursday, September 07, 2006

Slide

Celie actually had fun going down the slide today! You don’t know what a milestone this is for her. For some reason she would climb up to the top of the slide, start to whine and then climb down and be done with it. She would then hit the swings and never want to leave. I think maybe the summer break from playgrounds helped her relax about the idea of going down a slide. She was so cute today. I saw her go down the first time and her face lit up as she got to the bottom. She came running to me telling me that she did it. I was in shock at first, but then so happy to finally see my daughter feel the joys of a slide. She of course went running up the steps to do it again, and again, and again. I love to see her happy and proud of her own accomplishments. We were both giggly and excited about it on the drive home from the park. She’s my best pal. For those of you that know Celie this news that Celie wouldn’t go down slides my have been a shock to you, but we all have our strange quarks.

2 comments:

Mel said...

You're right I would've never guessed about slide phobia. Way to go Celie. Wow, Mel... your a blogging maniac this week!

attack of The Mouse said...

Congrats Celie. I too didn't realize that she was afraid of slides. I'm glad she has discoverd the pure joy. Now the park will be a blast. -- Has she discovered the swings? I think I wish E. was afraid of the swings. "wing, wing, please, wing!!!" That is all I hear at the park. (Kids -- so much fun)