Since I am getting to be quite the prego mamma, I have become much more lazy. I blame this, obviously, on the fact that I am carrying a baby inside of me. When Celie asks me to dance with her I respond with a hesitated sigh telling her that I can’t because my belly is too big or it hurts. I respond this way when she asks me to help clean up or push her in the laundry basket (which she is currently asking me to do) or push her on the swings in the hot hot sun. Today it was clean up time in her room and she had just been reprimanded for scraping crayons (with her fingernails – read my previous posts). I told her it was time to pick up the crayons and put them where they go. She replied, while griping her belly and pulling a sickly face, “I can’t, my belly hurts”. Ya, I know, I brought it upon myself. I think I will stop the laziness and work a little harder now.
1 comment:
Pretty funny. You did ask for that one. Today, E. and I were coloring on the sidewalk with chalk and while I was drawing she said, "Yeah Mommy, (clapping hands) pitty". It kinda cracks me up to hear her say and do exactly what I do. Really it is very scarry. Then she sat on the curb asked me to sit on her lap. Yeah Right!!! I would break everybone in her leg if I tried, but it was sure sweet of her to want to hold me.
Post a Comment