Wednesday, October 10, 2007

General Confrence

Conference gave me a surge of energy and motivation this time. I loved the talk by Julie B Beck. It gave me confidence and reminded me of the importance of our jobs as stay-at-home-mothers. "that is influence, that is power" was her theme. Every mother should listen to this.

Also, the talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks helped me remember that my time and choices are so important. "Some choices are good, but some are better". I hope I always choose the better or the best!

And the message from our latter day Prophet, President Gordan B. Hinckley, is wonderful and uplifting. The bearing of his testimony on Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ reconfirms my own testimony. I feel the spirit strongly when I hear him speak. I know he is the true latter day prophet.

C's favorite movie is "The Restoration". She loves to watch Joseph's younger brother get stuck in the mud because she once got stuck herself. Her favorite part is where Joseph's prayer was answered in the grove and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ visited him with an answer. She always asks me to sing along with the choir during that part. I am so glad she prefers this movie over Scamper the penguin! Thanks again mom ;/

2 comments:

Mel said...

The talks you mentioned here were also my most favorites. I love it that I feel motivated by them. I want to listen to them again and again. Your a great SIL and an awesome mom to C and J. Thanks for your example to me.

Elder and Sister Allsop 2013-15 said...

What a nightmare C had. She has such an active mind that it is no wonder it kicks into overtime at night sometime. I hope she don't have anymore scary dreams.
M invited us to cake and ice cream on Saturday. That would be terrific if there were 2K miles between your front door and ours.