Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What happened to the naps?

I just need to vent! I am struggling with my sweet Jack! He doesn't take naps very well any more and I need him to sleep for his sake and mine. He acts so tired all day, but can't get to sleep. There are 2 1/2 year olds that take 2 to 3 hours naps!! But my kids sleep for 10 minutes to a half an hour - why? He is transitioning from the two naps a day to one, but doesn't that mean it would be a longer nap. I think he is teething and that is making things worse for him, but rrrrr, I am frustrated! I'm sure this phase will be over soon, but I start to worry about my little #3 coming and having a 2o month old not napping! Scary thought. I remember when Jack was on his way and Celie stopped taking naps 3 months before he was born. It is like they are torturing me! Maybe this is one of those things that I will look back on and laugh.

On a happier note. Today was beautiful weather, I found out that my Mom is coming to visit, I tilled my garden getting it ready to plant, and I took care of my rose bush. It is good to remind myself of things I am grateful for.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

What do you exspect. He is related to Marty. I'm surprised Jack ever stops running around.

Teddy said...

Hey, loved your post on my blog. I used the picture of Tom praying in my Sunday school lesson this fall. I'm grateful he has picked up praying by example, but tonight he didn't say amen and I reminded him that he needed to and he informed me that he was "busy". I had to work hard to not laugh.

If memory serves me correctly you are the tiny little woman who wore the pink caroling cosutme! What are you talking about lead? What a challenge this is turning out to be. Getting pregnant 5 times in three years does not help, and this time around I really feel out of wack.

Anyway, I'm so glad we can keep in touch through the blog.

Oh! I almost forgot. Tom was a terrible napper and I got the book "Healthy sleep habits, happy child" and it changed our lives. It was tough, but worked really well for our family. Now Tom almost always has a nap, and at the very least lays in his bed for down time an hour in the afternoon. So, there is hope. .. . Take care!