This blog is to help me appreciate every wonderful day I am blessed with and to remember the silly and beautiful moments I have with the people I love most.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Houston Hurricane Ike
Here we are at our good friends house running away from Hurricane Ike. The Larsens in Austin, Texas were kind enough to let us hang out at there house until we get power restored to our neighborhood. Our house is fine and no trees of ours have broken. We feel very blessed. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.
Thank goodness for good friends. Please tell them how much I appreciate their kindness. I bet you are doing more than hang out. I'm sure it is a full house not everyone can have their private space all the time. We are praying for you and the whole area that power can be restored and people can resume their lives. This surely was an unplanned vacation.
Wow! I always think that I never know people in those circumstances because I have never experienced it myself. But seeing as everyone gradually moves away I guess it becomes more common. I am glad that everything is ok on your front; that is quite the blessing… -Chris
"God planted within women something divine that expresses itself in quiet strength, in refinement, in peace, in goodness, in virtue, in truth, in love.”
2 comments:
Thank goodness for good friends. Please tell them how much I appreciate their kindness. I bet you are doing more than hang out. I'm sure it is a full house not everyone can have their private space all the time. We are praying for you and the whole area that power can be restored and people can resume their lives. This surely was an unplanned vacation.
Wow! I always think that I never know people in those circumstances because I have never experienced it myself. But seeing as everyone gradually moves away I guess it becomes more common. I am glad that everything is ok on your front; that is quite the blessing…
-Chris
Post a Comment