Friday, February 20, 2009

Purple

Purple is the new color to focus on for me. It is the color that represents Pancreatic Cancer Awareness. I am now facing what many of you have faced - the possibility of losing a loved one and even more difficult is watching them suffer. I am in shock and I am not sure what to do. For those of you that have gone through something similar, please offer advice for the caregivers. What is best to say or do? What needs to be done first? I feel so frustrated that I am far away and am not of much help. I know I will get through this, but I want to be an active part in the process. What do I do?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Our family went through something similar and I don't know that there is one right way to handle it, but just being a listening ear seems to help. Our prayers are with you.

Adibobea9 said...

Sorry I can't be of much help because I have never had to deal with something in this territory. Honestly I am not sure that anyone can say the right thing, except for the reassurance that all will be for the good of everyone involved.
Some way God has managed to give experiences to each of us; both good and bad. Through them I have noticed that I have grown if I stick to my beliefs and have been better in the long run. It is all a matter of where you put your trust…

Christine said...

Please know how much we love your family. We are praying for you every day. Write in your journal, record memories together as a family. Know that the comforter will be so close, guiding and blessing you with peace and a greater understanding.

Teddy said...

I'm so sad to hear about your Mom. I don't know if anything I have to offer will be of help, but I've been through it three times. Twice I helped care for a loved one at home, and the third time I was long distance as you are. I think to be supportive but not pressure any opinions can be a good thing. Once the decisions are made for treatments and procedures and how they will handle your Mom's case, unconditional love and support is the only thing I can think to do. For yourself, I would start researching on the internet as much as you can and glean the things you feel good about. I became part of a community called crazy sexy cancer that has been helpful to me. LOTS of info, some I don't prescribe to, but it's been good to have someone to talk to that isn't directly involved that "gets it".
www.crazysexycancer.com
Your Mom and family are in our prayers.