Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Sleeping Beauty vs. Cinderella

Celie's job after a meal is to wipe the table and sweep the floor. She does a good job. Lately she has been telling me how she can wipe the table like Sleeping Beauty so I sing "I wonder" song while I put clean dishes away, every morning. I decided to actually watch her while she wipes the table yesterday and noticed that she does clean like Sleeping Beauty! You know that scene where they are showing Rose in the wood cutters cottage for the first time; on her sixteenth birthday? Don't be so surprised that I know this. She flings her little rag back and forth supposedly dusting right? All Celie has been doing is flinging her rag, sweeping the crumbs off the table while she sits on the table I might add. Anyway, I told her that the table isn't getting clean that way. (SB doesn't know how to clean, she had three fairies that raised her and don't tell me they didn't use magic those sixteen years; clue: they didn't know how to make a dress or a cake on her birthday; ya.) So I told my sweet Celie to clean like Cinderella instead! She actually knows how to clean a house. Think of the time when Cinderella is singing and scrubbing the entry floor. Yep, clean like that. She understood immediately and now scrubs all stickiness off, just like Cinderella. Before my favorite Disney princess was SB, but now I am reconsidering.

5 comments:

Asherbie said...

I LOVE IT! Fantastic way to relate, Melanie! :)

attack of The Mouse said...

I love the princesses. BTW - Thanks for the gift card and the money. I bought an icecream cake and am inviting friends over to enjoy it with me. :) Love it. Thanks for the treat.

Amber said...

Hey Melanie--I found your blog from Ashley's. That is hilarious. And I agree with you on the fairies using magic during their 16 years. Anyway. Hopefully Celie keeps up the actually effective work!

Deanna said...

How funny the comparisons we make as mothers! I have to admit, I think I like Belle the best.
PS How is Jack's toe?

Christine said...

Snow White is also a very good housekeeper and reminds us all to "Whistle while you work!"