Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Things I love about home







During the holidays I spent a whole month back at home where Marty and I grew up. I realized just how much I missed the little things at home that bring joy and amazement into the day. I really took for granted the mountains. They are beautiful. I could stand outside and stare at them for an hour and still have more to view. It gives the landscape more variety and beauty with glorious mountains lining the horizon. I also noticed that I missed being able to breath the clear air. No humidity or inversion (like it is now so I hear). It is like it is cleaner at home and being outside renews your senses. Of course Marty and I missed the opportunity to hike, explore, four-wheel, and other activities. We got a chance to ride around on the four-wheeler even though it was cold. I was a little freaked out at first when Marty said that we would be driving (more like sliding) on the ice! But I got over it after a minute or two and had a blast. I wasn’t going to get on “the disk of death”, but I was willing to do the super donut; where you spin round and around very fast, ya, it’s fun. I think I felt like a kid again. I needed that. Anyway, we missed everything about home and we’re sad to leave, but more than the mountains and the super donuts, we missed our family and loved every minute we got to spend with them. I hope they know that we think about each one of them and can’t wait to see them again.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow, I didn't realize it was that cold while you were here. Everything in iced over! The pictures are great and I'm feeling like I really missed out:(

Thanks so much for watching Crew and letting Marty leave for a day to go skiing with our family. It was a fun day and I'll remember it forever. Thanks again!