Friday, June 06, 2008

9th month with help

Well, I am in my 9th month and feeling it. I am definitely getting the "oh, hang in there", "any day now, right?" comments. 'Nope, I have a few more weeks and yes, I know I look huge - thanks'.

My family is a great help; immediate and extended. Thanks for all of the support. Friends have been wonderful too - thanks. Celie, I think, has been the best help of all though. She does so much for this family. Here are a few of the jobs she does around the house:

take the compost outside
make her bed
put diapers in the garbage
get ready for the day (teeth, hair, wash face, pick up room)
clean the play room (everything in its place)
vacuum
dust
scrub the toilet (oh ya)
play with Jack
clean up after Jack
share with Jack
help Jack laugh
eat her food and say thank you
take cans out to recycle bin (with out me asking)
spend quiet time in her room
say beautiful prayers
loves Family Home Evening
reminds us to have scripture reading every night

I think I could go on forever. She has grown so much. I hope she knows what a great helper she is to me. I guess the first child gets the real brunt of the work, but I think it is good for her and she is becoming a wonderful, strong person. I love her.

2 comments:

attack of The Mouse said...

Is she available for hire? That is terrific. I'm glad she is a good helper.

Elder and Sister Allsop 2013-15 said...

My goodness I'm so glad you have such a terrfic helper. She is growing up so fast and beyond her age. I got to see first hand while I was there what a great job Celie does taking care of the things she does. You tell her Grandma is proud of her.
We are praying for your comfort and safe arrival of our 16th. grandchild.
Much Love
Grandma A.