Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Mommy and Me

I finally have a baby that looks a little like me. It is fun to have a girl with dark hair. She is beautiful and sweet. She is growing fast too. She is already 2 1/2 months old. She giggled the first time at 2 months old and she sleeps through the night fairly regularly. She eats fast and loves to cuddle. She can fall asleep when I wrap her a certain way or when it is chaotically noisy in the house. She takes a binky well, loves the sound of voices and faces to smile at. She has a heart murmur and has had it since birth. It is officially called a VSD; Ventricular septal defect. She is perfectly fine though and is a joy to have in our home. Celie is an excellent babysitter at home and loves having Mirra in her room. "Mom, you don't have to come get the baby when she cries. I'll take care of her for you." What a sweet girl!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Melanie

You are both so beautiful! I am glad you have such a good baby!

attack of The Mouse said...

ahhh I'm so glad she is a good baby. Can't wait to meet her.

Derek and Becca Theurer said...

What a great picture of the two of you! You should blow it up for your house. Mirra really is the cutest little girl. She's so sweet and cuddly. You're a lucky mom.