






Well I am buying my first home!!!!!
It feels a bit weird.
I thought I would be excited about it, but I just feel stressed.
I had a few bad experiences so far.
Our loan officer was very scatterbrain and didn’t explain things well.
We would ask her about different loan options and she would say that the computer brings up the best option for us automatically.
I don’t think so!!
She would hide the truth and cover up things she didn’t know to make it look like she did know or the information wasn’t important!
Marty and I were very frustrated.
We finally decided to get someone else when she sent us the papers for us to sign and the loan amounts, down payment, and personal information was wrong!
We found a better interest rate and so we went with a different bank.
The day after we changed banks she called and I told her that we were switching.
She got upset and said that we should have told her earlier.
She was mumbling mad words as she hung up on me.
The next day I was at playgroup and received a call from her on the cell.
She proceeded to tell me that there is an appraisal charge on her account and we needed to “buck up” and pay for it.
Since we never signed anything and she went ahead and ordered the appraisal, she had to pay for it, some $300+.
She was mad on the phone.
She insulted us and tried to give me a guilt trip.
“I have 3 kids, I came on a Saturday to meet with you”, etc.
She even personally attacked M and then she told me that she wouldn’t talk to him.
I think she was afraid that he would tell her off.
Anyway, after the conversation ended I started to cry.
It was so overwhelming to be yelled at and insulted and blamed for not choosing to bank with them.
I don’t know why they hired her.
You would think they want someone who focuses mainly on costumer service because we will be paying them thousands and thousands of dollars!!!!
What ever. M called her boss and reported the behavior.
So now that we are moving forward in a positive direction, I can be excited about moving in. No more dog poop on our lawn, no more alarm clocks going off and waking my children at 6:00 a.m., and no more moving for a few years, yea! So here is our house, our first house! Please come and visit if you can. There are cheap cruises from here! No, the furniture in the pictures isn’t ours.
3 comments:
The house is so beautiful. I am jealous! I love love the kitchen, entry way, etc. Oh, is that a fenced in backyard that I see through the window? That will be so fun for you and the kids!
That bank lady sounds really annoying! I'm sorry that you had to deal with her. I remember that buying a house is very stressful always wondering if you are getting a good deal, doing the right thing, etc.
I'm glad that you found someone else to help you with your loan. When is closing?
Wow!! Very exciting. I'm sorry about the bank lady. She sounds like a nightmare. I'm glad you are working with someone new. You house is very nice. It will be nice to be in a home, have more space with the kids. Congrats.
Post a Comment