M and I spoke on the Word of Wisdom last Sunday.
M did a wonderful job, I had wonderful thoughts, but it all came out scatterbrainish.
Anyway, we are new in the ward and don’t know a huge amount of people so when we got there early to find someone to watch our kids we had to just pick someone and hope they would be fine watching our kids.
I was in the mothers lounge nursing J so M took C and dropped her off with a nice looking family.
Come to find out she has 6 kids of her own!
So I tell M we should find someone else to watch J.
M picks this lady and after she already answered yes he noticed that she smelled like smoke!
Ha, that would normally be fine – she seemed like a very kind woman, but we were speaking on the Word of Wisdom!
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/89 No drinking, smoking, tea, coffee etc.
What are we to do now?
Oh well, it was awkward for a moment and then it was funny. Although, it was a bit embarrassing carring around a baby that smelled of smoke. I got some funny looks. I ended up taking off his shirt that was carrying most of the smell, so he just had a onesie on the rest of Sunday.
Just thought I would share.
2 comments:
I'm sure the woman loved it. Most of the time smokey women still love children. :) What a great story.
Smokey women! Cracking up at K's comment!
Post a Comment